Monday, March 23
Academic Staff Leadership Institute
Sponsored by the Madison Academic Staff Association (MASA), Provost’s Office, and the Academic Staff Executive Committee (ASEC)
8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
The Pyle Center
Keynote Luncheon Address
Valuing Academic Staff in Difficult Economic Times
Vice Chancellor for Administration
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Other sessions in this year’s Institute will address:
- Leadership qualities that transcend workplace characteristics
- The benefits of mentoring, both formally and informally
- How to create career paths where none appear to exist
- Leadership opportunities (presented by MASA, the Academic Staff Professionals Representation Organization (ASPRO), and ASEC)
Session presenters include Sue Riseling, Associate Vice Chancellor and Campus Police Chief and Don Schutt, Director of Human Resource Development in the Office of Human Resources. Participants may attend two sessions of their choice.
- Cost is $25 (includes breakfast buffet and luncheon)
- Free to those who join MASA at this time and have not attended the Institute in the past.
- For your friends interested in joining MASA and attending the Academic Staff Leadership Institute for the first time, MASA will pay their registration fee! Plus, as always, the first payroll year of membership is FREE, and a mere $10 per year after that. The best deal on campus! This is one way that MASA is responding to the keynote topic of “difficult economic times.”
- Register for the institute online.