Academic Staff Institute
Friday, March 1, 2013
Union South, TITU
8:30 a.m – 2:30 p.m.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, February 22
ASI Schedule At-A-Glance
This event is sponsored by the Madison Academic Staff Association (MASA), Provost’s Office, Academic Staff Executive Committee (ASEC), and the Office of the Secretary of the Academic Staff. Please contact Jo Ann Carr for further information.
- Please register here. Fee is $10 (includes lunch). Payment is due at close of registration with the exception of new ASPRO members. No cancellations after Feb. 21, 2013
- The registration fee includes free membership for the remainder of the year to the Madison Academic Staff Association (MASA). Membership includes invitations to tours and events as well as reduced price for the luncheon in May. For more information on MASA, visit www.uwmasa.com
- All new ASPRO members will receive free registration to the Academic Staff Institute. To become a member of ASPRO, please visit www.aspro.net. New members should register for the conference but not pay the conference fee.
- David Ward, Interim Chancellor, Keynote
- Michael Feldman, Host of WPR’s Whad’Ya Know?
- Troy Reeves, Oral History Archivist, “Collecting Your Academic Staff Stories”
- Educational Innovators & Innovations
- Leveraging Your Team’s Strengths
- Your Rights as Academic Staff
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
State Legislation Brownbag
12:00PM – 1:00PM
Location: Union South, check TITU
This brownbag will cover State Legislation such as Act 10, related court cases and where we are today.
Please join us for this informative session!
This event has been cancelled due to the weather forecast for 1/30/13.
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
MASA January Social
4:30pm – 6:00pm
Location: Fluno Center Study Pub (8th floor)
Bring a friend and hang out after work with MASA in a cozy, warm pub near campus. MASA members will get a free drink ticket for wine, beer, or soft drink, and we’ll be ordering appetizers.
If you are not currently a member, you can join at the event, and still receive a free drink ticket.
We look forward to seeing you at this event!
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Chancellor’s Search Feedback Session for Academic Staff
Location: Room 350 Bascom Hall
The Madison Academic Staff Association (MASA) invites you to attend a brown bag with members of the Chancellor’s Search and Screen Committee. Aaron Bird Bear and Heather Daniels are the academic staff representatives on this committee. This is one of your last opportunities to share your views about our next Chancellor and to make the committee aware of issues and priorities that are important to you.
If you are unable to attend, input can also be shared via Twitter hashtag #uwsearch or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Tour of the Nancy Nicholas Hall (new SoHE bldg)
Location: Nancy Nicholas Hall (meet inside the main lobby)
We look forward to seeing you there!