Academic Staff Professional Representation Organization (ASPRO) representative, Kathi Kilgore, will give a legislative update to academic staff!
Day and Time: May 18th, 12:00PM-1:00PM
Location: Union South, Check TITU for room location
Presenter: Kathi Kilgore, Lobbyist, Academic Staff Professionals Representation Organization (ASPRO)
ASPRO is a not-for-profit, membership-driven, professional organization that represents the UW System academic staff and their interests to the State Legislature, the Governor, the Board of Regents, and the public.
Please bring a friend or someone from your unit! You will not want to miss this important update.
We would like to thank all our members who attended our luncheon May 5th and Patrick Sims for speaking to us.
Here are two pictures of the event, courtesy of our MASA treasurer Zach Heise!
Tuesday May 5th
11:30 to 1:00
Featured Speaker: Patrick Sims, Interim Vice Provost for Diversity and Climate at UW-Madison
We look forward to seeing you on May 5th!
Thursday, April 9, 2015
12:00PM – 1:00PM
Union South — Check TITU
Presenter: Carrie Sperling, Clinical Associate Professor of Law; Interim Director, Frank J. Remington Center; Co-Director, Wisconsin Innocence Project at the University of Wisconsin Law School
Please join us as Co-Director of the Wisconsin Innocence Project, Carrie Sperling, presents on the work of the Wisconsin Innocence Project, its role as a leading clinical legal education program and its impact reforming the criminal justice system.
Please bring a friend or someone from your unit!
This event is free with your MASA membership. MASA membership is just $10/year. If you are not currently a member of MASA, you can join MASA at this event or by visiting the membership page on our website.
Academic Staff Institute
Union South, TITU
8:45 a.m – 2:30 p.m.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, March 10
Please contact Heather Daniels for further information.
- Please register here. Fee is $10 (includes continental breakfast & lunch).
- The registration fee includes free membership for the remainder of the academic year to the Madison Academic Staff Association (MASA). Membership includes invitations to tours and events as well as reduced price for the luncheon in May. For more information on MASA, visit www.uwmasa.com
- All new ASPRO members will receive free registration to the Academic Staff Institute. To become a member of ASPRO, please visit www.aspro.net.
- Darrell Bazzell, Vice Chancellor for Finance & Administration (Keynote) discussing the biennial budget
- Panel of Founding Academic Staff Governance Members (afternoon Keynote) discussing the beginnings of governance for academic staff in celebration of the 30th anniversary of academic staff governance.
- Three Breakout Sessions. Topics include:
- Networking Challenges
- Developing an Online Presence
- Mobile Learning Incubator
- Retirement Advice
- UW Arts Institute
- Legislative Update
- Layoffs, Non-renewals and Priority Referral Program
- Academic Staff Appeals Process
- Robert’s Rules
- HR Design